I'm still here although not very often. I feel like my summer has not started yet because I have been teaching summer school all of June. You would think half days and only one class of 15 students for four hours a day would be so much easier, but it has really tired me out!! Of course, having to leave the house by 6:15 every morning doesn't help. Summer school is over now, so it will be much more relaxing. It also doesn't feel like summer because we have been having torrental rains on and off for the last two months. It will flood here every week, with roads closed and houses in the area also flooding, although nothing has been flooded too close to our house.
This weekend we went to San Antonio for my math teachers conference. We stayed in the Historic Menger Hotel, which was beautiful!! It was established in 1859, and the entire hotel has marble everywhere, with intricate carvings and pieces from the time. http://mengerhotel.com/ The entire hotel looks like it probably did in the 1800s, and you can tell that it was a very ritzy place back then and now. (there is running water and private baths now, though) After that we went to New Braunfels to stay with our friends from college who live there. We also went shopping in San Marcos for baby things!! :) Our poor child will have a lot of green stuff because we still do no know if it is a boy or girl. That's okay, though, I don't want EVERY outfit they own to be pink or blue.
The baby and I are doing fine. I get tired easily, but I was able to do a lot of walking over the weekend in San Antonio, around the riverwalk and at the zoo. I have only gotten sick once, but ever since I started my second trimester I have had days of nausea. My last appointment I did not get to have another ultrasound, but we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time, which was amazing. My next appoinment is on July 9. I don't know what the will do this time, but my big ultrasound that we get a video of is on July 24. I hope to find out the sex of the baby then or on the 9th.
We spent last weekend getting the house ready for the baby. We moved all the furniture around in our room so that we can put a bassinet beside the bed, and then we worked on the baby's room. The painter came and finished painting the trim, crown molding, and baseboards, and then we cleaned all the paint splaters off the hardwood floors. We moved the furniture in that room around so we will have room for the crib and dresser and stuff. We also finally figured out and bought our solution to having the baby's room also being the guest room. We bought a twin size white wooden daybed with a trundle, and when guests come over we can raise the trundle and put a king size egg crate on it and wa la! King size guest bed. (We will probably let the guests sleep in our room so we are with the baby once it is sleeping in the crib, but we needed the extra bed and the space in the room). We got the bed at a garage sale for $40, and now we are looking for two twin mattresses. I hope to post pictures soon, so I can share the excitement with you all!!
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
YAy! I've been waiting for this post for what seems like FOREVER! What a great surprise! I'm so glad to hear things are moving along well with the pregnancy and YES you must post pictures SOON! We have an office in our house, and there is a twin bed in it with a trundle under it. When I was pregnant we were planning on turning the office into the baby's nursery and leave the twin bed in it, too, mainly for a place I (or Richard) could sleep if we wanted/needed to be near the crib. So, GREAT idea! I think it will work marvelously, and I hadn't actually thought of putting an egg crate on it, but I might steal that idea!
I can't wait to hear what you're having! Pink or blue???? Let us know as soon as you know!
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well! It sounds like you are really getting things ready for this little one to get here. In Elizabeth's nursery, we had a twin bed, and it was great for changing diapers and folding cothes. :-) And of course now, we have two cribs. CRAZY!
Post a Comment