Friday, July 13, 2007

Appointment, Nursery, Moving. and Guesses

There has been a lot going on this week!! First of all, I had another doctor's appointment Monday morning. Everything was fine, and we got to hear the heartbeat again!! Jake was unable to go, so my mom went with me. It was pretty cool that she got to be there and here the heartbeat and all. I recorded it on a digital recorder, but we cannot for the life of us figure out how to post it. Photobucket and OneMedia and all those allow pictures and video, but not just sound.

Here are the pictures of the nursery so far. We still have to get a crib and dresser and all, and the giant entertainment center needs to be cleared off and filled with baby things, but it is well on its way.

This is the view when you are standing at the doorway looking in. The crib will go where the bassinet is and a dresser/changer will go where the swing is.
The red box on top of this enormous entertainment center is Jake's dad's toy box from when he was a child. His father, who Jake never met, made it for him.
This is our trundle bed, without any mattresses, which we now have. We will get curtains later once we know the sex of the baby and the theme of the room. On the left you see the brightly colored curtains that cover the closet. Jake hates these curtains, and they will be changed to match the theme also. That closet covers the entire wall.
I think this is my favorite piece of furniture so far. This was made for my brother and me by a family friend when Matt was born. I was two, and I could sit here and rock while Matt would lay down beside me. It also worked great for baby dolls!! This is just a random assortment of toys from Jake or friends.

Here is another shot of that first corner.
I couldn't get this to rotate after I posted it, but isn't it cute? I saw it and HAD to have it!!

On to moving.....No, not us. Within a week and a half, my brother interviewed in Arlington, got the job, made a decision, and had to move himself and his wife up there. I really miss them already because Matt and I have always been very close. I think this is a good move for them, and they reached this decision together after much prayer.

Guesses......
On July 24 we will have our big ultrasound with the video and everything. If the baby cooperates, we should be able to tell the sex then. So, it's time to start guessing!! (and the only options are boy or girl, no aliens, kittens, etc.!)

I wish I could let you all hear the heartbeat, but one person who listened said it sounded about 140 bpm. I have not gained any weight yet, although I am showing. And if I did it right, the Chinese Gender Predictor says a girl. This will be the first grandchild on my side and Jake's brother has three boys. Any other hints you want?

Happy Guessing!!

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

I kinda think it's a boy. So, that probably means girl because I'm always wrong, even with my own!

But I'll stick with a boy for now.

Can't wait to hear the news!

Anonymous said...

I have a Mac. I can get your recording posted!!! :)