Saturday, May 19, 2007

We're Pregnant!!

In my last post, I told you that Jake and I had both felt God telling us to wait on Him and His timing. We decided to not go through with any invasive procedures or medications to help us get pregnant. The very next month, we conceived! I have had two ultrasounds and we have seen the baby’s heartbeat both times. We wanted to wait until after this second appointment to make sure everything was still okay before letting everyone know. We are both VERY excited, but we are also nervous and scared after seeing so many of our friends and family have to go through miscarriages. We will just continue to trust Him and know that He has a wonderful plan for us, as He has shown us with this pregnancy.

Our baby is due December 21st. I haven’t really had morning sickness, except for the day of my last doctor’s appointment. Jake went with me, and we stopped for breakfast beforehand. I was nervous, and I ended up leaving my breakfast in the parking lot. In a way it really calmed me down because I knew then that yes, I was still pregnant. Other than that I have not been sick, I am just always extremely tired and certain smells and being jostled around make me queasy.

We had already started painting the extra bedroom when Matt moved out, we just had not painted the trim. Once we get it all finished I will show pictures. I will also post the ultrasound pictures once I can get Jake to scan them for me. When we did the room, it was a major overhaul. The room had a full wall closet, door to the hallway, FIVE windows, and a door to the outside. There was NO WALL SPACE! We had someone take out the door to the outside and put in a window and take out the three windows that made up one wall and actually make that a real wall. The windows looked into our neighbor’s carport and their light would fill the entire room and hallway all night long. We still have three windows in the room, and this is much safer and we have wall space now!

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Yay, Deanna! I"m so happy for you to know that your prayers have been answered! I have learned one thing from my pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage...it TRULY does no good to worry because if something is happening and you are going to lose the baby, there is nothing you can do about it. I know you will still worry, but know having just gone through the worst, no matter what happens, you are in for a GREAT blessing from our loving God. I'm just so excited for y'all...shoot for the 18th of Dec...I know a GREAT guy born on that day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :) I am so happy for y'all! It was great to see you today. Your baby is going to be so blessed to have you and Jake as parents.

Kierstyn said...

Oh, WOW!!!!! Congratulations! Sorry it took me so long to find your post. But now that I have found it, I couldn't be happier for the THREE of you!

Kierstyn

Amy said...

CONGRATS! I'm a little late on the news, but I haven't been blog reading for a bit! I'm so excited for you two! Can't wait to follow along as you updated us!