Friday, September 29, 2006
Fight! Fight! Fight!
...was the cry of my 5th period 8th grade boys yesterday as they ran from my classroom. At the beginning of class, as the kids were turning in work and getting settled in, I look over and see two of my girls going at it. They were both grabbing at each other while throwing punches. I yelled at them and ran over there. While they stopped fighting, they both went into a fighting stance, with both arms ready to throw another punch. I sent one into the hallway and sat the other down while I called the office for an adminstrator. Apparently one girl bumped into another one and so the other said something to the effect of "Bump in to me again..." and so she did and that is what started it. I heard later that one of the girls has been in trouble before for looking at other girls and trying to "bump" into them and touch them. Eww!! These are 8th graders!! I thought bumping into someone was a dumb reason for a fight, but this is even worse. What is this country coming to when this happens in an upper-class middle school?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment