Thursday, July 13, 2006

And the winner is...

I now know which middle school I will be at next year. Because of the reasons I described in earlier posts, I will not be staying at the same school. That really makes me sad, because I loved that school and all the people that I worked with. I had so much support there as a new teacher. I am going to the school that our athletic director moved to as the new assistant principal, and the head principal is new there this year as well. I won't be the only one learning a new environment! I have heard a lot of good things about this school and the principal. And, as a plus, it is the school closest to my house! Granted, the school district I work in is about 20 to 30 minutes from the town I live in, but this should make my drive 20 minutes instead of 30 each way. I will be teaching regular 8th grade pre-algebra with one class of 6th grade TAG math.

Also, the administrators in my school bragged on me, and I have been asked to speak to all of this year's new teachers. There were 300 of us last year, and this year all of the principals, Instructional facilitators, and mentors will also be there, as well as the superintendent, etc. It's exciting and a little bit scary!!

No comments: