I copied this from Charla, and yesterday was 10 years since Jake and I started dating. Someone at work said we sound like a country song, started dating at 15 and married at 20, but then we waited five years before getting pregnant. Another lady I work with said it better when she said "You are blessed. I hope you know just how blessed you are." I completely agree with her.
1. Who is your man? Stephen Jacob "Jake" Sallee
2. How long have you been together? 10 years, married 5 and a half
3. How long did you date? dated 4 years, engaged 7 months
4. How old is your man? 26
5. Who eats more? Completely depends on the meal- I like to eat on schedule more, and Jake likes to eat at more random times
6. Who said "I love you" first? Jake, when I was 15
7. Who is taller? Me , by just a little bit
8. Who sings better? Definitely Jake , all those years of choir
9.Who is smarter? Jake!! He knows so much random stuff! Matt' s favorite comment to new people is you have to meet Jake. Also overheard everywhere- Ask Jake!
10.Who's temper is worse? Hmmm.....Jake really only gets mad at inanimate objects whose sole purpose is to work and they are not, but I get more moody, probably.
11. Who does the laundry? Equally shared, and we both fold and put up our own clothes.
12. Who takes out the garbage?Jake
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? When you are looking at the bed or laying in it? Jake sleeps across the bed from the door, so if someone breaks in he can use his gun or sword from there.
14. Who pays the bills? Me. Jake bought me Quicken a year or two ago, and I love it!! Also, its the math teacher in me, and Jake is dyslexic.
15. Who is better with the computer? No brainer, Jake. It is his job , and all. He is also the tech support for our church, family, and everyone we know! But I have learned a lot from him, and so I know more than the average user as well!
16. Who mows the lawn? Jake, especially since I am pregnant! He likes to do it right, with the weed-eater and trims the bushes and vines, etc. It always looks so nice!
17. Who cooks dinner? We really do trade off here. Jake has cooked at a five star restaurant before, so he does all the fancy cooking, but I do more day to day stuff.
18. Who drives when you are together? Jake, after he has walked around and opened my door for me!
19. Who pays when you go out? Jake when eating, me when shopping. It all comes from the same place!
20. Who is the most stubborn? We are both stubborn! We both give in for the other, though, and we have very different ways of being stubborn. I am more bossy and whiny, which Jake is neither. He is just strong in his morals and right and wrong, which there is no messing with.
21. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Depends on how important it is!
22. Who's parents do you see the most? Mine, because we eat with them after church almost every Sunday, but his parents also live in town and go to the same church, so its usually a toss up.
23. Who kissed who first? Jake was the first to kiss my hand or the top of my head, but I waited till my 16th birthday, told my mom "Sweet 16 and never been kissed" then planned it where our friends left us alone in the tree house just long enough for me to kiss him on the lips. He was so shocked, he pulled me back and we kissed again.
24. Who asked who out? Jake started by asking my best friend if I would ever date him, which she promptly said "no", then two years later asked me out.
25. Who proposed?Jake, of course! He is always such a gentleman!! Of course, I had been giving hints and I kinda knew what was happening!
26. Who is the most sensitive? I am more sensitive, but I can also easily hurt his feelings without meaning to. Horrible, I know. I really don't mean to!! I am just such a bossy person (ask my little brother Matt)! When we got married, Matt told Jake "I'm off duty, its your turn now!"
27. Who has more friends? Jake probably knows a lot more people, but I talk to more friends online and on the phone.
28. Who has more siblings? Jake, one brother, one step-sister, one half-brother, and two half-sisters.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Like I said earlier, I am very bossy, but I completely respect Jake and his decisions. He always has the last say, even if it is just whether he lets me have my way or not.
What a wonderful husband!! I am very blessed to have him, and I know it!! (He's also really cute!!) I also know that he will be a wonderful daddy. He is great with kids, including babies. Here we are on our 10 year anniversary, and I am 31 weeks along!! Only 9 more weeks to go!! We are getting very excited!!!

5 comments:
Love it! You two are so great...I could not believe that you were married when I met you, but as soon as I met Jake, I knew why! PERFECT couple. And now a perfect family!
We can't wait to see ya'll this weekend!!!
Look how cute you look! You're definitely glowing, Deanna!
Happy anniversary to you both.
~~Aimee J (HP)
Slightly taller?
time to update again...
Post a Comment