Monday, August 06, 2007

Halfway There!!

20 weeks and 1 day. This was taken Sunday after church, and people at church are starting to ask Jake and others if I am pregnant. At least they have the sense to not ask me, because that would be awfully embarrassing for them and me if I wasn't pregnant. I think I am to the point now, though, that I can't believe anyone cannot tell that I am. That belly definitely wasn't there 5 months ago.

I look kind of pale in the picture because I was NOT feeling well. I have had a fairly easy pregnancy, but I woke up feeling terrible, nauseous, tired, and just overall yuck. I went to church anyways, taught Sunday School, and sat down through the entire service. I just could not stand, I was too weak and would get to nauseous. When we got home I slept from 1:30 to 5, and then I felt even worse, with an ice pack on my head, and I kept getting sick. I only had a slight fever, and Jake was about to take me to Labor and Delivery (ER for pregnant people). I had talked to the nurse, and she said if I started throwing up I had to come in and they would admit me to get me hydrated. It was the worst I have felt in years, and I was worried about the baby, too. My stomach hurt, which is hard to tell what is normal stomach aches and what is baby ache.

This morning I called again to try to get an appointment to just check everything out, and the nurse said it sounded like a virus, and that I had done everything right. She said a virus can't hurt the baby unless I get dehydrated, it just helps the baby build its immune system and antibodies. I went to the store to get gatorade, and when I got back I was so weak all I could do was sit down. I couldn't even open the gatorade! :) I slept all morning and got things ready so someone else could teach VBS for me tonight, and I am feeling much better. I am still pretty weak since I haven't had much real food for the past two days, but I have had gatorade, toast, crackers, etc. I have an appointment for Friday anyways, so I will get it all checked out then, unless I get worse again. Thank God I am sick now and not once school has started, but it's still miserable! Pray for me to continue to feel better and for the baby to not be adversely affected by any of this. We already love him so much!!

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Yay for a new post! No offense to Jake, but I would rather read about you and the baby than him and his Wii...I'm a girl, c'mon! Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. It is so hard to trust others and what they say, but I'm sure the nurse is right on! Keep us updated on how you are feeling! Do you start 8/27 back to school? I'm not ready!

Deanna said...

Yes, I start on the 27th, and I am nowhere near ready!!

Aimee said...

Praying you are feeling better now, Deanna!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling sick! It sounds like you are feeling the way I've been feeling the entire 1st trimester (lots of puke and Gatorade and weakness), so I can empathize and I know it's not fun, but I am happy to report that I'm feeling a teensy bit better. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better too, and that the nurse didn't think your precious little boy was in any danger. I am so excited to meet him! Keep me posted!
Oh - and by the way - you are such a beautiful mommy already! :)