Dear Friends, Relatives, and Complete Strangers:
Let me take some of your oh so valuable time, and yes I know time is money (please don't send me any bills....unless they happen to be dollar bills...those are fine, send those all you want!). I want to take some time to publicly say thank you to my Savior and Lord. If you agree with me please feel free to read along.
Thank you God. As I sit here in my new house, eating some cheez-its, listing to Rush Limbaugh, I just cannot help but feel overwhelmed by the generosity God has shown me. In every day I know I disappoint Him in some way. But some how I am allowed to wake up, see my beautiful wife, go to a job I actually like most of the time, and many other things I don't deserve.
A few nights ago as I lay in bed, I was thinking about my own mortality (morbid, I know, but you do it too every so often... oh yes you do! Fibber.) and a sudden fear struck me. With the impending birth of my first child I find myself concerned with matters I have never spent much time on. I do remember the first time I ever truly understood that one day I will die, the thought was a bit troubling, as I was 12 at the time. But as I lay there grappling with this feeling, it seemed like a little voice in my head spoke up and said, "Your heart will be where you store up your treasures, if you store up your treasures in heaven then you will not fear death.
Because where do you keep your treasures? You keep them in your house. Therefore; if your treasures are in your heavenly home, dying is not leaving your friends and family it is simply going home."
I had always known about this little gem of scripture, but I had never put it into practice. How exactly how I will be putting this idea into practice I am not quite sure yet. But I guess that is what this life is for.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment