Man, so much has happened since I got back from Vegas. To all those who were wondering if anything else interesting happened when I was there, the answer is sadly no. The rest of the week was quite uninteresting for anyone not working with computers.
I hope you will all forgive me this brief intermission in my hopefully otherwise entertaining entries. There has been something weighing on me lately and seeing as here I have a soap box on which to stand, and a voluntary audience, it is here that I will voice it.
For some strange reason I have been spending the last few nights researching myths surrounding the attacks on September 11th 2001. May I be perfectly clear in my following statements, I am not a conspiracy theorist. I do not have any delusions of grandeur that I alone know the "truth" behind these acts. I am at best a novice when it comes to dealing with the facts of that horrible day.
There is a group of people, mostly American, who call themselves, "The truth movement" or "Truthers." they believe a plethora of conspiracies and spin new theories off of old ones. The most widely known and, in my opinion, dangerous are three young men who created the travesty of a documentary called "Loose Change." I will not go into detail due to space and time constraints but suffice it to say their work is misleading at its best and at its worst it is an unimaginable insult to the people aboard Flight 93 and the heroes who rushed into some of the worst hell a living mortal can endure at the world trade center.
If you blood pressure can handle it, watch the Loose Change "documentary", which I believe is in its third incarnation as of this writing. However apply to this film the same skepticism its creators have supposedly applied to the "official version" of the events of that day. In a single five minute sitting I was able to find multiple misleading statements and factual errors; the entire documentary is some 90 minutes long. There is a very good web site that dissects the video in its entirety and exposes the inaccuracies it contains, the site is Here.
Enough cannot be said of what kind of people it took to endure this tragedy; the men and women who sacrificed their lives to save others, the people who found themselves in an extraordinary situation, though they themselves ordinary in appearance, and rose above it. They commanded it, subdued their fright and mastered their fear and penetrated deep into history where they should forever be remembered as Heroes.
I am not advocating that we believe everything we are told, either by the government or others. What I am saying is you must follow the evidence, that Achem's Razor is not a literary cliché but a valid question. And, most importantly, your theory MUST NOT be set in stone. You must be prepared to accept the fact your theory is incorrect, that you were wrong and someone else got it right. To skew the truth in your mission to find it is to fail at that very moment! If your research and experimentation time and time again yields results contrary to your thesis without room for logical conjecture then your theory is wrong.
To make a larger point I will say this: The TRUTH must be constant, it cannot change or waver. There can be no interpretation of the TRUTH. To imply the same truth can have two different meanings is incorrect, one meaning is correct the other is not. What we do see, especially in the realms of religion, is a poorly educated populace when it comes to their own belief system. If the "truth" ever changes, then all that came before it MUST be wrong or that which is new cannot be true. That is all I will say on the subject, if one cannot see this as fact debate with them is an exercise in futility.
The three fools who crafted this film actually have the audacity to dedicate it to the victims of that day. The internet has given idiots like these a corner on which to stand, spewing this foolishness as facts. They have been given a gullible and willing audience who so readily receive this poison. Lastly and worst, they have been given the world’s most effective communications medium ever invented, the internet, to spread this abysmal trash.
Spend the time to figure out what happened on that day for yourself, the victims warrant at least that. Spend the time to winnow out the lies from the facts, the survivors deserve it. Spend the time to correct the ignorant and silence the foolish with truth, do these things and you honor the dead and the living. Another tragedy like this can never happen while we remember the lessons we learned that day. That is why we must never forget!
I apologize for the seemingly rambling nature of this post. As I said in the title, it is late. Maybe tomorrow I will be more jovial, but tonight I am somber, and I remember.


1 comment:
Um...I really just want to know how the pregnant lady is doing!!! Please tell her I anxiously await an update from her!
Post a Comment