Thursday, December 31, 2009

Joyanna Brooke

She's here! And for those of you who saw pictures on facebook the same day, it was all Jake. :) Of course, I wanted him to, but he's the one who did in from the hospital room.

She was delivered by csection, and delivered by a friend from high school. We didn't know that until right before, but its kind of neat. :) Before Monday, we had said that God's will, whatever was best for Joyanna and I in terms of delivering or having a csection. I had wanted to deliver, but if I didn't by the 28th, then csection. Turns out God knows best: my uterus had a very weak area from my last csection, and if I had delivered there is a good chance it would have ruptured. Praise God that Joyanna and I are both safe and healthy, especially since we were so worried about her size earlier in the pregnancy. My recovery from this csection has been much faster than with Judah, although I still have to take it slow for a while. Jake says I was moving around as much the first night home this time as I was a week later with Judah. It is so hard to not pick him up and hold him, though.

Judah has been really good. When we came home from the hospital, Judah was napping. When he woke up, Jake got him and said "Judah, I want to show you something" and led him to the living room where Joyanna was laying in her cradle swing. Judah smiled and said "Baby sister is in baby sister's swing." He is very matter of fact about it, but he gets a huge smile on his face when he sees her and can tell us what she is doing. He is in the habit of throwing toys right now, so we really have to watch him with that, but he has been really great.

Since we kept the name a secret, we haven't hd a chance to share where her name came from. Jake's grandmother's name was Joy, and my name has "anna" along with "Ann" being the middle name of both my mom and paternal grandmother. So her first name is a family name, along with the Anna in the Bible. And yes, it is an actual name listed on many baby name websites. :) For her middle name, we didn't decide that until the night before she was born. We wanted something simple, and we liked the way Joyanna Brooke sounded. There were so many other names we liked, too, but we know so many people with those names, and me being a teacher rules out so many. :)

I keep forgetting that it is New Year's Eve, its a whole new world for us now anyway. (Although hearing the illegal fireworks is a reminder right now).

No comments: