Sunday, May 04, 2008

Political stuff...

Okay, for those of you who know me this will come as no surprise. For those of you who may not know me AND happen to be of the liberal persuasion AND are touchy about the Democratic party ... well ... you should probably look away now. In fact, find someone else to read this and tell you when its over, be warned ... you might have to wait until November.

For the rest of us still here let me say this. I have found the coolest site on the internet. It is called Accuracy in Media. They have a daily email that goes out that I am forced to use as my Rush Limbaugh substitute for now, for reasons I will not elaborate on. Normally, as you probably guessed, I prefer to observe things from a third party perspective. It helps me keep an even head and make better decisions when the time comes. But politics is one thing that really gets my feathers ruffled.

I will post some of my other essays that will clarify why I feel so strongly about politics later, but for now suffice it to say it is something I take seriously. And I absolutely HATE it when the government oversteps it's constitutional boundaries. I see it as an affront to the MILLIONS of fine men and women who have died to protect that very document. IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE CONSTITUTION THAT ANY POWER NOT SPECIFICALLY DELEGATED TO THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT IS LEFT TO THE STATES AND NO NATIONAL BODY MAY INTERVENE. If you do not understand this, go and read the document and come back.

This brings me the the Fairness in Broadcasting Doctrine. Basically this is the belief that most conservative radio talk shows should be taken off the air because there are not enough liberal shows to counteract the opinions stated on those shows. Let that sink in, liberals want to censure talk show hosts like Limbaugh simply because they don't have a liberal counterpart for him on the air. And rather than getting some one to do the job, they would rather violate the first amendment rights of Rush and all of his listeners.

This is so typical of liberalism, this mothering attitude of "I know best." So no matter how bad you don't want this change / reform it doesn't matter because you are to stupid, to lame and ignorant to do for your self. So I, the great compassionate movement will swoop in to save you from your selves. In return for which you will keep me in power and treat me as royalty for ever.

Anyway. Here is the link to the story (warning, it is extremely dry reading...even for me)

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/fairness-doctrine-unfairly-promoted/

Notice the comment section at the bottom, every so often some angry / crazy liberal will chime in with some complete nonsense. Today's idiot goes by the handle "Tyrone".

You see, Tyrone believes that McCain is ineligible for the presidency because ... well let let him tell you...

***begin quote***

Will someone out there bother to read the United States constitution. Article II, section four, paragraph 3. John McCain was born in Panama!

Why does the Republician party have so little respect for our constitution that they are nominating a person who is not even eligible for the Office.

Why do you think that Hillary is running so hard.

The Democratic primary is the election for President this year!! John McCain can’t even hold office. If by some weird choice he won the election, his Vice-Presidential choice would be sworn in!

Or is that the whole point

Something to think about! Ha Ha Ha !!!

***End quote***


Here is a response to the eloquent Tyrone:

***Begin quote***

Tyrone,

He was born on a US military base. That would do ‘er!

;>)

***End quote***

Simple, and correct. Read Tyrone's response:

***Begin quote***

No It would not! According to the law, a U. S. Military Base is not U. S. property. You people really are dumb. If it was a embassy that might be different because embassies are considered U. S. property no matter what country they are in, but the bases are not.

***End quote***

I love this kind of "reasoned" debate, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. I will close this post with my response to our learned friend Tyrone:

***Begin quote***

Please do not spout such stupidity, there is no "law" that governs whether a base in another country is sovereign territory or not. These things are set up by treaty with the country the base resides in. Incidentally, I cannot think of a single US military base that is NOT considered sovereign US soil. Not to say there are none, but I cannot name one. Besides, if both your parents are US citizens and you happen to be born outside the US you can still be considered a natural born citizen so long as both your parents have current residence status, this law mainly effects the children of missionaries who were born off of US soil.

You are simply upset that both your party's candidates are completely un-electable in the general election. Obama has been outed as an anti-American racist, and Hillary is to busy dogging sniper fire to tell a single bit of truth. The republicans could run Big Bird from Sesame St. and still win. The Democratic party, that not so long ago touted its self as the party of “solidarity” has shot its self in BOTH feet. Its pathetic lust for power has ensured its own defeat, a lesson it could have gleaned from any children's book, that is if they weren't so busy writing books to convince children that America is horrible.

My greatest hope is that one day in the history books people will read the truth about our modern liberals. That they fed on the ignorance of their base supporters, that they purposefully manipulated data and facts to keep their supporters ill-informed and scared and most of all, riddled with guilt. In a fruitless attempt to stay in power they committed base treachery against the constitution they swore oaths to uphold and were ousted from power never to return again. I get all misty eyed just thinking about it...

***End quote***

***End post***
***Begin sleep***

No comments: