teeth.
I finally had my wisdom teeth pulled. I was supposed to have this done two years ago when we lived in College Station, but my dentist there scared me. He told me wisdom teeth horror stories, not that he did, but other dentists that did not know what they were doing. He said that this one dentist pulled too hard to pull out an upper tooth, and ended up pulling the ladies' entire top section of her jaw out, and it caved in all the way up to her eye socket. I never wanted to go to that place again!! Can you blame me?
I really had a pretty easy time of it. My surgery was in the morning, and my mouth was numb until after midnight. I got a LOT of sleep for two days, and I was on two strong medications. That was another blessing, I did not have an upset stomach or go crazy because of the vicoden. I only had three wisdom teeth, and they took them all out. My jaw and teeth have been a little bit sore, especially as my teeth are spreading back out, but nothing I could even classify as real pain. Thank you God!!
One funny story:
For the past few months, my upper back has really been hurting. I started going to the chiropractor a week or two before my surgery, and then I went back the day after my surgery. The day after surgery, I told my chiropractor that my back was feeling so much better, it hadn't even hurt the past few days. I realized the next Monday when I went back to work that my back wasn't hurting because I was on VICODEN AND 800mg of IBUPROFEN. Of course it didn't hurt, nothing did!! :) I had to tell her the next time I went that she wasn't quite as magical as I thought.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment